Can you dress our bare bear?
Individual Competition – The Bare Bear
There are three prizes up for grabs on this one. To be in with a chance of winning one of them, you need to know how you’re going to dress. And, more precisely, how you’re going to dress Wool@J13’s Bear who is currently Bare. He/she is in need of a suit of clothes. It is up to you whether to dress him/her in full evening dress, a coat of many colours, a dress, a djellaba, kaftan or tunic or simply a cheeky hat & boots. Or even a pair of pyjamas and slippers. Dufflecoat & wellies anyone? We could go on and you may want to, once you start. The one proviso is that your outfit must be made completely from wool – no acrylic or synthetics please – and you may use any process known to man or woman, be that knitting, crochet, needle felting or wet felting. You decide.
How to Enter
Simply download the application form to enter our competition – just £2.00 entry fee – and off you go. Closing date for the competition is Friday 5th May.
Click here for the Entry Form
All entries should be reach us by this date. The full delivery address for your suit of clothes is given on the competition entry form where you will also find the full measurements of our Bare Bear. Judging will take place before the show and the winning group’s entry will be displayed at the show itself.
Full terms and conditions are below
- 1st prize: Luxury Hamper worth £60.00 featuring specialist food & drink items donated by local retailers. Prosecco & truffles anyone?
- 2nd prize: Hairdressing voucher worth £37.50 donated by Blossom Hairdressers, Home Farm, Staffordshire, a beautifully select salon which treats your hair beautifully. Telephone 01785661665 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blossom-Hairdressing/247603958751984
- 3rd prize: Wool Warehouse voucher worth £20.00 valid until 14.05.18 for online purchases from this fine Warwickshire warehouse of wool. http://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/
About our Bare Bear
Handmade with incredible care by Liz Walker from Wacky Walker Bears. http://wackywalkerbears.bearpile.com email@example.com. Created in vintage mohair overdyed with natural dyes. 5-way jointed with handblown glass eyes. Made specially for Wool@J13.
Liz Walker hails from Wiltshire and is the creator of Wacky Walker Bears. She is a mixed media artist with a passion for creating and her bear adventures started in the late ‘80s. Every one of her creations, Liz says, is thought in a vision, designed by the soul, drawn in a doodle, made with love and presented with a passion. She finds it hard, she says, to wait for that new miracle to be born in fur. Thankyou for the birth of this one, Liz.
Our Bare Bear’s full measurements for his/her suit of clothes are below.
Terms & Conditions:
- Your suit of clothes for our Bare Bear should be made to fit the measurements given below.
- You may enter one item or several as long as they are all part of a complete set, to be worn at any one time and your item/s must be made completely of wool.
- Your Bare Bear outfit must be delivered by Friday May 5th at 5pm, to: Wool@J13, Lower Drayton Farm, Penkridge, Staffordshire ST19 5RE together with information giving your full name & address & contact details.
- One entry per person to be made online. Each entry is £2.00. There are 3 prizes in this category.
- Judging will take place prior to the show and the winning entry will be displayed at the show itself.
The Bare Bear’s Measurements
- Body Length (minus head) 30cm
- Body width 15 cm
- Body depth (back to front at chest height) 14cm
- Body depth (back to front at lower part of body) 18cm
- Head (back, top of head to neck) 15cm
- Head width (ear to ear) 18cm
- Neck diameter 8cm
- Leg length thigh to ankle 19cm N.B. the legs are jointed & so are able to move. Please take this into account if you are making trousers, shorts etc.
- Foot depth 3cm
- Foot width 4cm
- Foot length toe to heel 7cm
- Arm length, shoulder to wrist 25cm
- Shoulder to underarm 7.5cm N.B. the arms are jointed & so are able to move. Please take this into account if you are making a jacket or jumper etc.
- Paw length 5 cm
- Paw width 3cm