“Thankyou for such a well organised & fun show with a bit of a festival feel. Our customers loved it. So did we. We’ll be back next year without a doubt.”
If you work in wool in any way, we want to hear from you. We know you all work hard and are dedicated to what you do and we want to give you a vehicle for showing your products to a dedicated and enthusiastic audience who will be travelling from all over the UK to Wool@J13.
The Wool@J13 Team includes over 8 years of exhibitor experience on the UK show circuit from Ingrid Wagner, Creative Director at Wool@J13, a little black book of Events Management contacts from Val James who runs a successful farm attraction in Staffordshire.
We’re giving you some useful statistics, followed by reasons why, from an exhibitor’s point of view, we reckon Wool@J13 works so well
WHEN IS THE NEXT SHOW
June 29th & 30th 2024. Set up day is Friday 28th June
WHERE IS IT
2024 sees us stay at Bishton, Wolseley Bridge, Stafford, just 25 minutes from Junction 13 of the M6 and 2 minutes from the main A51. Bishton Hall, our 2023 venue, is unable to accommodate the show in 2024; we have, however, been invited to hold our show next year in the lovely grounds of The Heritage, directly opposite the Hall, in Bellamour Lane, at Bishton.
The Heritage is owned by the renowned Stafford Northcote family, former owners of Bishton Hall itself from 1946 when it became the new home of St Bede’s School up until 2018 when the Hall was sold. The well connected family retains a passion for education and has vast experience in running events of like ours.
The site to be used is large enough to accommodate all that we need to create that famous festival atmosphere which makes Wool@J13 unique amongst UK wool shows. It has easy access for both vehicles and boats (the Trent & Mersey canal runs directly alongside the site), a very even ground formerly in use as a cricket pitch, an eye catching cricket pavilion and a backdrop of roses. A superb & well known location for visitors to park their picnic blankets and enjoy the Midlands’ No 1 wool show in 2024.
ATTENDANCE FIGURES on average 1.5 thousand visitors over the two days, taken from shows at Lower Drayton Farm, our former location
MADE UP OF .. & SATISFIED WITH
80% of visitors were female of mixed ages from early twenties right through to 60 year olds. Some of these came with families, due to the attractions afforded by the venue. Male visitors specifically attending for wool interest made up the extra 20%.
Average spend: £40.00 Average time spent at show: 6 hours 99% visitor satisfaction
WHY THE SHOW WORKS SO WELL FROM AN EXHIBITOR’S POINT OF VIEW
- Easy location to reach, approx 20 mins from Junction 13 of the M6 and on the nearby A51
- Affordable stand space in 3 sizes @ £38.00 per metre with reductions for new & returning businesses
- Dedicated volunteer team to help unload at set up, load at breakdown & look after you through the show weekend, especially if you are a lone trader
- Exhibitors can load & unload directly outside their gazebo or main marquee & park nearby
- Exhibitor Tea Room with free Tea & Coffee open from Friday set up to end of break down Sunday night
- Exhibitor loos
- Exhibitor parking spaces reserved in the main parking field
- Exhibitor camping space is available over the show weekend, near to the showground.
- If you are leading a workshop, you will be paid @ £12.00 per attendee, per hour including materials. Workshops take place in a dedicated gazebo.
- A qualified first aider is available throughout the weekend.
- B & Bs available in nearby Great Haywood, Tixall or at Bishton itself.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT WE OFFER A 50% DISCOUNT FOR NEW EXHIBITORS WHO HAVE BEEN TRADING FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR. For more information & to apply to our Saw Them Here First zone, please go to our New Exhibitors page in the Traders Zone.
APPLICATIONS FOR our 2024 show on 29th & 30th June are now open. WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY & LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION